The fact is there are endless ways to goof up a sales conversation, and most sellers make major mistakes each and every time they talk with a prospect.”
Most people’s sales conversations could be better. Not a little better, significantly better. I see too many sellers fall into the same traps: Talking too much, interrogating the buyer, acting overeager, not being prepared—the list goes on.
- You talk too much, leaving the buyer with the impression that you don’t understand their business, their industry, or their needs.
- You grill the buyer with questions, making them feel like they are a part of an interrogation.
- You talk too little, letting the buyer control the conversation.
- You are over eager, and the buyer can smell your desperation a mile away.
- You talk about your products and services and the new opportunities as if they are commodities, leading the buyer to buy based on price.
- You are unprepared, and the buyer wonders why they are wasting their time with you.
- You are uncomfortable talking about money, and the second a price objection comes up you cave and start discounting.
The fact is there are endless ways to goof up a sales conversation, and most sellers make major mistakes each and every time they talk with a prospect.
If you want to improve your sales conversations, pay attention to these 7 keys above.
SOURCE: RAIN Group