When it comes to shopping for work-from-home or other business opportunities or franchises, there are lots to choose from. So aspiring entrepreneurs would do well to start by looking first at the industries that most experts agree will offer the greatest prospects in the foreseeable future. This year, Inc.com features its top eleven picks for starting a business in 2012 in an engaging online slideshow, and here they are:
• E-commerce ― The amount of money being spent online is staggering and growing by leaps and bounds every year. Online start-ups that feature in-demand consumer products are always a solid bet.
• Restaurants ― Full service food service sales are expected to increase by the end of this fiscal year and well into 2013. The best business opportunities in this sector will focus on providing healthier, yet tasty fare for the budget-conscious consumer.
• Internet publishing ― For information and entertainment, the world is online more than ever before, and rich and engaging content is always in demand and at a premium. More specifically, online video is expected to be this industry’s fastest growing segment over the next few years.
• Mobile games ― This industry is growing faster than virtually any other right now. The exponentially increasing use of smartphones is what’s driving this trend, and their use is going nowhere but up.
• Pet care ― Now estimated at well over $50 million per year, our pets are the one thing we simply won’t skimp on, even when times are tight. The industry’s growth throughout this latest recession is proof positive that the pet-loving start-up entrepreneur is placing a solid bet.
• Residential construction ― As the housing market gradually recovers along with the rest of us, construction will rebound. Additionally, any home maintenance and repair that’s been on the back burner for far too long already will also create demand in this area. Furthermore, once the market improves and people can entertain the idea of selling their homes, sprucing up will become imperative.
• Big data ― Big data is big business ― $17 billion by 2015 in fact. Entrepreneurs who are in business to organize, analyze around and secure it are, in one word, smart.
• Environmental consulting ― Environmentally friendly, green-energy business opportunities are cropping up all over, which only makes sense because that’s where much of the world’s focus and commitment is and should be right now. Industry revenues are expected to grow 45% in just the next five years. Ah yes, green…the color of money.
• Information Technology (IT) consulting ― Mobile and cloud-based computing is taking the world by storm, ensuring that any business owner who starts a business in this industry will be given every shot at making a go of it.
• Transportation and logistics ― Moving products from one place to another and knowing how to do so efficiently are always a necessity. However, given the anticipated economic recovery, this industry in particular is expected to benefit tremendously.
• Water ― This one may come as a bit of a surprise, but it shouldn’t. As scary as it may be, the planet we live on is short on clean water. It’s a huge problem that’s only going to get worse and that needs the full attention of passionate entrepreneurs who are willing and able to find workable solutions.
So, now that you know more about today’s hottest marketplace trends and where to focus your efforts, we welcome you to explore all the outstanding opportunities, distributorships, wholesalers, licensee opportunities and franchises that are listed free for you.