U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is now accepting nominees for its 2016 National Small Business Week Awards, including the most coveted one of all…the annual Small Business Person of the Year award.
Small Business Week 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of this event and will be held May 19 through 24 in Washington, D.C.
If you know an outstanding home-based or other small business opportunity, franchise, licensee opportunity or distributorship owner that is worthy of high-level recognition, this is your chance to ensure they get it. SBA will be taking nominations now through January 3, 2013, via its new online National Small Business Week Awards portal, or they can be sent directly to any SBA District Office.
Past year’s award categories include:
• National Small Business Persons of the Year (chosen from among all 50+ state/territory winners)
• Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding disaster recovery accomplishments)
• Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
• Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
• The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers/contractors)
• And more!
Award winners in each category will be invited to Washington, D.C., to attend the Week’s events in May and compete for national 2013 titles.
For more information about eligibility and necessary documentation, visit