For business opportunity and other small business owners, here is a must-read…
One of the most beloved and widely read inspirational classics of all time, The Greatest Salesman in the World tells the story of Hafid, a poor camel boy who achieves a life of abundance by adhering to The Legend of the Ten Scrolls. Turns out what was meaningful prose that conveyed a profound message in 1968, when the book was first published, still holds up beautifully some four-plus decades later.
It’s main message? Success is largely a result of developing good habits, and good habits grow from purposeful and repetitive action. Moreover, the book emphasizes the importance of taking action now and not putting off until tomorrow what you can accomplish today.
“My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless they are followed by action,” Mandino writes. “Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” However, it is through those very struggles and defeats that an individual can improve and ultimately be triumphant, the book says. “Each rebuff is an opportunity to move forward; turn away from them, avoid them and you throw away your future.”
If read correctly and as Mandino intended, the instructions laid out in the ten scrolls are to be mastered over a ten-month period, but even as a quick read, the book has much to offer in the way of wisdom not only on the topic of salesmanship specifically, but life itself.
The scrolls, even when summarized in short, combine to create a set of marching orders that each and every one of us who aspires to be successful would do well to follow:
• Scroll I — There is tremendous power in developing good habits.
• Scroll II — It is important to greet each day with love in your heart.
• Scroll III — Persist until you succeed.
• Scroll IV — Never forget that you are nature’s greatest miracle.
• Scroll V — Live each day as if it were your last.
• Scroll VI — There is strength in learning to master your emotions.
• Scroll VII — Laughter is strong medicine.
• Scroll VIII — Seek to multiply your value every day.
• Scroll IX — All that you seek to achieve is worthless without action.
• Scroll X — Pray to your creator for guidance.
One of the most recommended books by many corporations and industry leaders to date, The Greatest Salesman in the World has sold more than four million copies worldwide in seventeen languages. You can find it in your local library or online at these fine booksellers: Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com.