Our advertisers often ask me about how to start an email marketing campaign. They ask what works and what doesn’t work for online & offline home-based business opportunities. For some reason, many think that this is an insurmountable project that they can’t possibly tackle on their own. This is not true and while a bit of effort is required for this project, it will substantially pay off if well thought out and executed properly.
I would start out with a newsletter rather than a simple html email. You can purchase a newsletter template from various online business opportunity sources. The key is what you include in your newsletter, whom to send it out to, what your headline should include, what your introductory sentence should say and how to get the recipient to open your email that contains your newsletter.
To make this project easier, break it down into smaller projects and complete them one at a time.
- Define your campaign’s purpose and determine what you hope will happen once your newsletter is read.
- Analyze your market thoroughly and spend some time on this step.
- Ask yourself what your target market is and what are the demographics of that target market?
- Ask yourself what would you like your message to look like? Check out many template examples or considering hiring a designer to create an original one for you. Try keeping your web sites design and the newsletter design consistent. Establish how your readers can interact with you once reading your newsletter. Make sure to have click through capabilities in your newsletter.
- Examine the frequency that you’ll be sending out your newsletter. Sending it out once a week may be too often. Consider sending it out bi-monthly or even monthly as a better option.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. One idea and one headline might convert better than another one. Try implementing various ideas and see what works best for you over time.
- Lastly, think about what your newsletter will say in the headline, as this is the biggest determining factor whether the recipient will open it or not. In addition, your opening sentence is equally important and is often a simple reiterated version of your headline. A clear and concise headline can make the difference between getting conversions to none at all.
Use these tips to get started. Master email marketing, launch your first campaign and increase your bottom line while increasing your customer awareness all at the same time.
Carpe Diem My Friends!