American Express’ Small Business Saturday is expected to draw record amounts of traffic to our nation’s small businesses on Main Street this year. Given that last year saw more than 100 million people participate, that’s saying something. Held just two days after Thanksgiving between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the busiest shopping weekend of the year, this event’s sole purpose is to encourage consumers to do their holiday shopping at local businesses in their area.
Now being heavily promoted via Facebook and numerous other social media channels, Small Business Saturday is also getting its fair share of attention in the national and local media. However, if you’re a small business owner, much of whether or not your business will reap its potential rewards rests largely with you.
But, you’re not in it alone.
Both American Express and its event co-sponsor, online small-business marketing tools and coaching leader Constant Contact, are here to help you make the most of this once-a-year opportunity by making a number of online resources available to small businesses like yours free-of-charge. Just click below for access…
American Express’ Small Business Saturday Website, which includes:
• A whole host of tools to help you attract more customers that day, including marketing materials, information on how qualified small businesses can get free online advertising, and success stories that provide ideas and encouragement
• Information on how you can rally your community to spread the word about the event and get more involved in that effort yourself, and
• An interactive map that will guide shoppers to your establishment and link you with Facebook.
Constant Contact’s Small Business Saturday Toolkit, which includes:
• Shows you how to put together a multi-faceted promotional plan to inform your customers about the event and get them to participate, how to execute it and how to extend your efforts throughout the coming year, and
• Includes helpful tips and information on everything from goal setting and understanding your audience and the value your business provides to creating a great offer that draws customers and evaluating your success.
Start planning now so you don’t miss out on this important business opportunity for small business this year!